PE summit has a new baffle design

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 29, 2007
Troy Idaho
Has anyone seen the new baffle with the steel plate welded over the insulation on top of the baffle. I just put one in my neighbors stove and his reburn is really amazing. I am thinking about ordering one for myself since mine is abit warped. Also I am now seeing a reburn flame coming from the back of the stove where the baffle sits on the ledge. I do not recall ever seeing this before. Mabey I will try a double gasket in the back and see what happens. I am going on 10 year with this stove. Runs 24/7 every winter.
Mark

Hey Mark,

The new PE baffle design has been around for about 4-5 years now (if my ever-weakening memory serves). It not only incorporates the "sleeve" for the ceramic blanket which used to just lay on top, but it is made of stainless steel instead of mild steel (like yours), and carries a lifetime warranty. A sweet improvement, in my book.

Thanks for the update Tom. The old style baffle was the only thing I did not like about the summit. Except for the gasket. Oh Well.

Status
Not open for further replies.