PE Summit insert, Regency i3100, Breckwell940?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

acritzer

May 10, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
Can anyone throw out opinions/reviews or comparisons for these three? Seems like the PE and Regency are very close in price, the Breckwell is less expensive.

Also seems like the Breckwell has the biggest capacity as well as the highest BTUs?
Anyway...whatever you can throw my way would be appreciated!

Thanks.

No comment on the Breckwell but if you are trying to find a large value stove i would look at the Drolet HT2000, Enerzone Solution 3.4 and Englander's 30NC and SSW02.

No comment on the Breckwell but if you are trying to find a large value stove i would look at the Drolet HT2000, Enerzone Solution 3.4 and Englander's 30NC and SSW02.

I'll look into them. Are they inserts or freestanding? I'm specifically looking at inserts for now.

They are freestanding. For inserts there are the Osburn 2400 and the Buck 91 that are worth checking out. I think today is the last day for the Osburn sale.

More options...good and bad! Hard to know where to start. The 2k price point looks very nice though, especially with the PE being 3200 or so.

Looks like my measurements are around 39x28x28. But the width isn't square. It starts to narrow as you go back.

I think his eliminates the Breckwell?

Anyone suggest a path given the dimensions?

What are the rear dimensions? What is the depth at the bottom and at the lintel height?

FYI, I don't see the Breckwell 940 listed on the current EPA certified sheet.

top of the fireplace opening.

top of the fireplace opening.

Looks like the width at the back is approx. 27'' It narrows down as you head back. The depth is also approx. 27''.

My options are increasing and my decision making is dropping! I have a sales guy pushing the Regency, which although it is rated for lower BTUs he claims its a superior unit and would be decently sufficient for my needs.
I've also been tempted by the Osburn 2400...it's very affordable and quite large.

It's hard to decide since I have zero experience with inserts.

Ignore sales pressure, both are decent units and fairly similar in design.