PE summit , lopi freedom bay quadrafire 5100i new need help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prockncj

Jan 24, 2012
Livonia MIchigan USA
New to inserts , have been burning for 13 years off a fire place grate with blower. Looking for some real heat, I'm not sure what to buy? pros and cons of inserts listed would be wonderful help. I'm leaning to a pacific energy summit because of the price.

You won't do wrong with the Summit. It's a proven strong heater.

I have a PE Summit free standing stove and I've grown to like it. At first it was a little different after using a CAT stove and I questioned my decision. One thing I cant stress enough is make sure you have seasoned and dry wood for it. it doesn't like green wood. I used to buy "seasoned" wood about August or September and burn it during the winter. I had problems with the stove going out or burning slow unless I really opened up the draft because it wasn't really ready. now that I've been getting my own wood I don't even think about burning it during the same season and wait for it to dry. stove heats my basement to about 80-85 or so and keeps the upstairs at a pleasant 70-75.

Just put in quad voyeuger grand really like it. Everything works like it is supposed to. I load up in morning set acc and wife turns down air in about 30 min plenty of hot coals left in 7 or 8 hrs. Looked at quad,summit, jotul 550, and Osborn 2400. Wife liked quad best so there we are. All looked really good so was a tough decision. You can load 14in split north south in quad been going east west and couple shorter splits north south really works good. Don't think you can go wrong on any you are looking at. Got mine at heat air contractor who happened to be quad dealer. Son and I installed, so shop around mite luck up like I did saved about $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.