Pellet Feeding Problems

Eunger62 Posted By Eunger62, Dec 11, 2018 at 8:56 AM

Dismiss Notice
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!....and Happy Holidays!
  1. Eunger62

Eunger62
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 10, 2018
    Loc:
    Indiana
    I have a Whitfield Quest Pellet stove insert, I believe its around a 1995 model WH-Q.

I'm having issues with the pellets feeding properly. When I start the stove the pellets feed for about 20 min then they stop until the flame dies down to almost out. Then the pellets start feeding again and it continues to cycle like that. I've read that it could be the low limit snap switch? or even ashed over? I've even tried to jumper past the snap switch. Even doing all of these things I can't get it to work correctly. I have ordered a new low limit switch hoping that this will correct the problem.

This stove is old but it's worked great up till this year I'm afraid it may be the controller? Any advise or help would be appreciated.

2. dennisswaim

dennisswaim
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 13, 2009
    Loc:
    west virginia
    I am having the exact issue now with a Whitfield Profile 30. Did you figure it out?

3. Eunger62

Eunger62
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 10, 2018
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Yes mine ended up being the vacuum switch. I jumpered it and it worked fine and has been working fine since I replaced it. You might try jumpering it to check it.

4. dennisswaim

dennisswaim
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 13, 2009
    Loc:
    west virginia
    Are you talking about the pressure switch on the side of the exhaust blower? Screenshot_20190110-131019.png

5. Eunger62

Eunger62
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 10, 2018
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Yes that’s what I replaced and mine has been working just fine.