Pellet Feeding Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eunger62

Dec 10, 2018
Indiana
I have a Whitfield Quest Pellet stove insert, I believe its around a 1995 model WH-Q.

I'm having issues with the pellets feeding properly. When I start the stove the pellets feed for about 20 min then they stop until the flame dies down to almost out. Then the pellets start feeding again and it continues to cycle like that. I've read that it could be the low limit snap switch? or even ashed over? I've even tried to jumper past the snap switch. Even doing all of these things I can't get it to work correctly. I have ordered a new low limit switch hoping that this will correct the problem.

This stove is old but it's worked great up till this year I'm afraid it may be the controller? Any advise or help would be appreciated.

Yes mine ended up being the vacuum switch. I jumpered it and it worked fine and has been working fine since I replaced it. You might try jumpering it to check it.

Are you talking about the pressure switch on the side of the exhaust blower? Screenshot_20190110-131019.png