Pellet Flame and Brand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big E

Feb 3, 2012
Ok, so switched brands of pellets this year and now that i'm using a pellet with a super premium label and 100% hard wood, it looks as if the flame is about to rifle right up the feed chute...any big-e users ever concerned with this? FYI, i have been mixing pellets to keep the flame down and produce less heat, but still run it to give a good clean burn. I am just concerned these new pellets are too hot.

I have had same problem with somersets, and hammer. Both pellets are really small in size, and have a tendency to feed fast, burn hot & fast, even w feed rate turned down. I mix them w shoulder season or longer pellets, seems to work. I can't complain about it, after all, things could be worseI

what's this feed chute you are referring to ?

IMG_0218.jpg

do you mean that egg shaped hole just above the firepot that I see when I shut the stove down to clean it ?

hey guys , yea i was being a wise a** but you really don't need to worry about that .

IF your stove is maintained and breathing properly the combustion blower will be creating a vacuum in the combustion chamber and suck air through that chute and not allow flames to go up it .

yea i know it looks scarey but you're going to get comfortable with it after a while . kinda like the first time you leave home with your stove running .

Status
Not open for further replies.