Pellet furnace added to existing forced air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

socker1485

Dec 16, 2022
Iowa
I just took a look at my natural gas bill for the last month and it got me looking at ways to supplement my heat. I don't have a good place to put a pellet stove, to disperse heat throughout my house. I found some pellet furnaces that tie into your existing forced air ductwork but it looks like they are all discontinued. Was there a change in EPA standards that they don't meet and had to be discontinued?

I just took a look at my natural gas bill for the last month and it got me looking at ways to supplement my heat. I don't have a good place to put a pellet stove, to disperse heat throughout my house. I found some pellet furnaces that tie into your existing forced air ductwork but it looks like they are all discontinued. Was there a change in EPA standards that they don't meet and had to be discontinued?
I did a quick search and saw some discontinued. I also saw this one.

A lot of them are called multi-fuel furnaces since a lot can burn pellets, corn or cherry pits.

There are also wood burning ones.

Have you looked at any of these?