Pellet furnace suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dburdick11

Oct 10, 2021
Pa
I am currently looking into possibly getting a pellet furnace. I do not have natural gas available and due to the current rising cost of gas and propane I feel like pellets may be the way to go. My house is about 1200 square feet and has a semi finished basement (insulated no drywall or anything). I currently have electric baseboard upstairs. I installed a pellet stove in the basement a couple years ago to help offset the cost of the electric heat. I am just looking at getting something a little more efficient. I have looked at the Fahrenheit endurance and it looks decent. I have also looked at the PSG caddy alterna II although I can’t find much on there website about it. Are there any other brands or models I should look at?

My friend has had a Fahrenheit Endurance going for about eight years with no major problems. He does burn some propane on really cold days, but the pellet furnace adds heat to the otherwise tepid forced air. He has a fairly big century-old frame farmhouse, maybe 1800-2000 square feet. The Fahrenheit should heat 1200 square feet nicely.

Harman made a 100K btu furnace for a while, the PF100. You might find a used one somewhere.