Pellet Grill/Smoker - Who Has One?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?? How long have you been here?? Never happened.... :(

Better be careful Dex. If you get too many pictures, you'll have to go get a grill to make food that looks and tastes that good:)

Reactions: DexterDay
Barely able to type as we just finished our first full meal on the new grill. I know how important pictures are here so here is the pictoral documentation.

I rubbed three nice chicken breasts with a garlic and herb rub and marinated one of them in the Sante Fe Chili marinade for about 5 hours. The taters were sprinkled with parmesian cheese, black pepper, and the same garlic and herb rub the chicken got.

I put the taters and chicken on all at the same time with grill stabilized at 400*. Internal temp of chicken to 175* after about 50 minutes and still nice and juicy. Potatoes were nice and done, but they're getting more parmesian next time.

The grill: I'm still a firm believer that NO grill starts correctly without a beverage.

Proper Start.jpg

Pellets lighting and smoke starting to roll:

Start Smoke.jpg

Taters prepped:

Taters Prepped.jpg

Everything on:
Go Time.jpg

Added some Texas Toast with some garlic butter at the end:

Done.jpg

The finished chicken:

Plated.jpg

Reactions: DexterDay