Pellet Insert for Small Box Recommendation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

alex8765

Nov 3, 2021
Connecticut
Hi Everyone.
I have a dilemma. I have a fireplace with a Breckwell insert in it currently. I've been told by several people coming to inspect that Breckwell is not installed properly and that it is too large for the opening. Anyone knows a smaller insert that may work for the opening? I drew a diagram, but at the narrowest the opening is a 34"w by 21"t by 18"d. The height is actually larger inside the fireplace box at least by 4 inches. Current insert does not burn clean, produces a ton of ash that gets stuck within the pellet stove and in the pipe. The pellet stove has to be cleaned weekly, the pipe every couple of months. Probably not safe either. Needs to be replaced and installed properly.
If you know a model of a smaller pellet stove insert that is being currently sold, please let me know.
Thank you
IMG_7837.jpg
pellet stove.png

I’m not familiar with various inserts. But your described cleaning schedule sounds normal for a pellet stove. Also some pellets produce a ton of ash, some not as much.

Take a look at the Quadra-Fire Castile insert. It may meet your size requirements.