Pellet Liner Flex Kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

titikiki

Jun 21, 2008
Calverton, NY
With the help from advice on this forum I placed an order for the Mt Vernon Quadrafire Insert. The dealer stated that my present metal insert and piping would have to all come out. For venting up my wood chase he ordered 25' 3" Pellet Liner Flex Kit (Duravent). I had read on another posting here that flex can not be used with a wood chase. Is my dealer steering me wrong or is this actually a safe and correct option for the Mt Vernon? Thanks for any opinions. Happy 4th!

you can not use flex inside a wood chase only in masonary you will need to run rigid pipe

Unless he is leaving the old ZC wood unit in there and running the flex up the old pipe? But if everything is coming out as he said you cannot use flex inside the wood chase, it must be rigid type L or pellet pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.