Pellet Master PM 5000 Heat? STUCK AT 53 DEGREES??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bc2

Nov 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Merry Christmas to All,

1)
I just installed a Pellet Master PM 5000 in my garage (Got it for free) My garage dimensions are 26' X 24" with 12' ceilings. (Finally, Just Measured It) It was 27 Degrees outside and 27 Degrees inside my garage when I started the stove. After 3 hours the temperature inside the garage reached 53 degrees and outside it remained a constant 27 degrees. Outside temperature remained the same, I kept the stove on high for 2.5 hours more but the garage would not get any warmer. I would think that the garage would have gotten warmer. In this application the thermostat was not employed. Any Ideas?

2)
Also, on another experiment I hooked a thermostat up to the stove and when the stove would kick off the fan would still run as I understand it should. However, I ended up with smoke in the garage. What do you think?

BC2 here is a copy of you manual. You really should study it. Did you give the stove a really good cleaning? Is the flame bright, yellow orange and busy or orange and dark and kind of lazy? I dont know the stove very well but the manual will keep you busy for a bit lol its a big manual. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Sorry Bc2 I couldn’t find the link again but i found this site and it has some troubleshooting tips. http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/2000.html

Thanks for the manual...After reviewing it. I added a fresh air combustion intake pipe. The stove runs fine on low and medium Feeds. At high speed auger setting. I noticed more pellets only partially burned and a good amount of ash was being produced. Also, I started to get some smoke in the hopper and in my garage.

Since I already cleaned the burn pot etc. Come springtime I will take everything apart Blower Motor Fan, Combustion fan etc and perform a thorough cleaning. Currently in Massachusetts the temps have dipped below zero and are experiencing quite a cold spell.

Do you know where I could get a service manual with a list of replacement parts and numbers just in case??

if you do a google search for pellet master PM5000 manual there are a couple sites you can purchase one but i haven't found one yet for free.

if you do a google search for pellet master PM5000 manual there are a couple sites you can purchase one but i haven't found one yet for free.

Thanks also wanted to say that with the fresh air intake the stove puts out better heat. Also, The flame is Busy and Bright