pellet pail

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the 10 gal galvanized bucket from Tractor Supply. I made three metal "teeth" about 3 inches tall and welded them to a flat plate which I glued to the bottom of the bucket. Lowered a bag into the bucket and gave a little push. The bag came right up out without the dust I would get from emptying into the bin I previously used. Another reason I like the pail is I don't always use a full bag and can top off the hopper without using a smaller scoop.

I purchased a Pellet Pail this summer. I'll admit it is pricey although I think I got it on sale for the off season. I can tell you the thing is well built. It's about a 1/4 inch thick, probably four to five times as thick as a compound bucket. I would rather not use a metal bucket as I would be worried about scratching up the lid on my Quad Castile insert, I paid a bundle for the looks. If you settle the pellets to the bottom of the bag before dropping it in as instructed it works as advertised. I have not had to cut a bag yet. I have had no problems with dust using Lignetics pellets. The scoop they include is really nice too. I don't regret buying it a bit. I don't mind spending a few bucks on something I use daily. I'll post some pics and maybe a video when I get a chance.

I keep a 30 Gallon tote container near my stove...since my 21 YO daughter can't lift a 40Lb bag..I keep it filled 3/4 with fuel...a cat litter bucket inside she can handle and she fills the stove no problem...pair of 1$ stove sciccors to cut the bag open on my end....I can fill from a 40 no problem...

Reese Eshun said:
hossthehermit said:
I just set the bag on the edge of the hopper and cut the bottom w/ a jacknife. Already got one of those.
what kind of knife? :lol: will a jillknife work, u think?

Hmm a jill Knife. I always wondered where them Lil Knifes came frum

Status
Not open for further replies.