New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Pellet Price Drop?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New post on CL advertising $4.00/bag. Saturday, Dec 26th one-day sale:

http://providence.craigslist.org/for/5367028626.html

That Craigslist link will eventually expire, here's the company website:

http://www.pelletsdirect.com

Seems like not all of the brands were at the $4 price, but there were quite a few to choose from. Lots of palletized product.

Picked up 25 bags of Orford 100% softwood today at $4 per...in the wife's Subaru Forester. Please don't let her know. I tried keeping them centered but the tail end was dragging all the way home.

I was surprised that it wasn't busier there. I arrived about 30 minutes after they opened of the day, only 2 cars in front of me.

No idea how soon these will meet the stove. Another 50 degree day here in central MA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orson_Yancey
I wish i could get them at that price.. i paid $5.50 a bag for orfords.. best pellet i have found near me too.. actually, its the only soft pellet i have found.

I grabbed a ton of the Orfords too on Saturday morning. Never burned them but for $200/ton I'm sure they will be worth it. If I don't burn them this year then so be it. They won't go bad in my basement.

The Orfords were the first pellets they were selling off first thing in the morning. I wasn't given a choice. But they were softwoods and they said they were getting good feedback from others burning them them this season. I'm wondering if anyone bought any other brands later in the day. If so, what did you end up scoring?

I grabbed a ton of the Orfords too on Saturday morning. Never burned them but for $200/ton I'm sure they will be worth it. If I don't burn them this year then so be it. They won't go bad in my basement.

The Orfords were the first pellets they were selling off first thing in the morning. I wasn't given a choice. But they were softwoods and they said they were getting good feedback from others burning them them this season. I'm wondering if anyone bought any other brands later in the day. If so, what did you end up scoring?
tried a few bags of those you won't be dissapointed that's a steal. it's a spruce, pine, and df mix that's a great price. good heat and ash is not bad either

tried a few bags of those you won't be dissapointed that's a steal. it's a spruce, pine, and df mix that's a great price. good heat and ash is not bad either

Too bad I didn't go back for more then. But you never know when trying a new brand...

Status
Not open for further replies.