minux

Nov 30, 2018
Baltimore, MD
With just over 40 million people in this Country our
social policies have to be paid for never mind infostructure
but that's the price we pay for clean air and water and
the life we choose to live
Yeah...

I do know Nova Scotia is famous for the number of abandoned fishing villages. Not sure what happened to their ifnrstructure?

johneh

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
Eastern Ontario
I do know Nova Scotia is famous for the number of abandoned fishing villages. Not sure what happened to their ifnrstructure?
It is Newfoundland that has abandoned outports. the Provincial Government moved them
because they were too hard to service Eg mail, groceries, and fuel all had to be delivered by ship
If you ever get a chance to visit the Rock go it is a fantastic place

minux

Nov 30, 2018
Baltimore, MD
It is Newfoundland that has abandoned outports. the Provincial Government moved them
because they were too hard to service Eg mail, groceries, and fuel all had to be delivered by ship
If you ever get a chance to visit the Rock go it is a fantastic place
I visited these places in Nova Scotia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_towns_in_Nova_Scotia

Really sad to see the rumble and ruin. In America, indoor shopping malls are one thing, but people do not live in them.

JRemington

Minister of Fire
Nov 4, 2017
Belleville New York
Your gas prices are not bad. We’re at 2.54 US dollars per US gallon right now. Gas 87 or diesel. It varies a lot across the US mostly due to various levels of taxation.

I’ve also never had a problem with ethanol in the gas.

I was afraid lumber prices were high due to lack of mill activity which meant lack of residue for pellet manufacture which means low supply and high prices for pellets.

Sheets of OSB are pushing 25$ here.
In most area the rise in lumber costs are due to biomass plants that burn wood chips. In my area, near Fort Drum, a load of logs cost 35 a cord before touching the saw to them. If you can get them at all.