Pellet Stove Commercial Install with tight buildings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm asking for a friend. He has a shop like mine, but has only about 18 inches between his building and his neighors. He's like to install a pellet stove, but needs to run his flue out between the buildings. I thought it might be too difficult to run his stack, because the next building is 6 feet higher than his roof line and would mean a 16 foot rise to clear the roof. We're at 4500 ft elevation, any suggestions? He's looking for about a 40,000 BTU output, but something that will push enough air for exhaust. I couldn't help, but said I would ask you all. Both buildings are metal sided and insulated. No windows or air intake points. He's awood worker, and the neighbor building is warehouse space. Does he have a chance to install?

He can make great dovetails and Ogee molding, but can't find the A on a keyboard. Computers scare him, so I'm asking. I sort of feel like a translator, or interpretator. Any help will be amazingly appreciated.

Call your local codes department ..if you have one .. ask them to please assist you with this question.

I would think you could install a direct vent pellet stove in that space without concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.