pellet stove hearth pad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1112

Oct 12, 2007
Hello,
I live in NJ and just bought a winslow pellet stove. I am finding it hard to find a heath pad to put the stove on. I have laminate flooring in the room. I would love to build my own but have not found any info on how to make one that is fire resistant for the stove. It will be for a corner install 40. Any help would be great. Thanks, Mike

I just pulled out my hearth, cut up some flooring and built a new hearth. Not too bad if you're a decent DIYer.

Others will chime in, but if you use the Search feature in the forums, and look up Hearth Pad and Building Hearth Extension, you should find a lot of previous discussion on the topic, with links to other resources.

If you have not read it, make sure you read this article - https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Hearth_Design/

From what I have heard and seen. What you need is a non-cumbustable, continuous (grouted joints) material such as noncumbustable material such as ceramic tile, cement board, brick, 3/8" millboard or equivilant. Hope this helps.

We sell prebuilt hearth pads that can be just set in place. Check around at stove shops, one of them is bound to carry them.

Status
Not open for further replies.