Pellet Stove Insert Installation in Mobile Home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh8906

Feb 14, 2013
I am trying to install a Breckwell P24I into my existing fireplace in my mobile home. The pre-manufactured chimney system is made by FMI. I was wanting to try to find an adapter from 3 inches off pellet stove to 8 inches going into the FMI chimney but only see the one for Simpson Duravent and was told it wouldn't work. Any ideas on how to make this work or do they make adapters to connect to the FMI chimneys? Thanks

there isn't an approved adapter that will connect you from pellet vent to a zc chimney as far as i know.
James' advice is best for performance and cleaning

64 dollar question 'is the 24i model insert mobile home approved? or approved for ZC installations?"

i havent looked not my product but quite many inserts are not mobile home approved.

as for venting , i agree with above , a direct connect is not likely to be possible, a 3 or 4 inch liner out the top of the flue would be the recommended installation, dont forget the "OAK" , outside air is mandatory in all mobile home installations

Status
Not open for further replies.