Pellet stove inspection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hammerjoe said:
My point was, what can I do if the professional is telling me that it doesnt need to be checked because there is no need even if the manual says so??

I think I will give them a call and ask to have the draft test done anyway.

Even professionals can be wrong. If I were your installer and you asked me to follow the instructions I would do it. Sometimes we get caught up in standard practices and are in a hurry to move on to the next job. But we should be going by the book, even if our standard practice is at odds with the manual.

Sean

I've read alot around here about checking draft on the Harmans and adjusting. The draft is reading on my Advance is -.78 on high and -.60 on low, set screw all the way down.
It seems to run great. Just curious, why would my draft be higher than "normal" specs.?

Tim

timjk69 said:
I've read alot around here about checking draft on the Harmans and adjusting. The draft is reading on my Advance is -.78 on high and -.60 on low, set screw all the way down.
It seems to run great. Just curious, why would my draft be higher than "normal" specs.?

Tim
First I'll assume you have outside air hooked up (which may increase airflow and thus draft)
second you could have a hell of a natural draft from your venting setup
Third your line voltage to your stove is high (this is most likley)

"...140 volts!?....what!?...this POS stove...the motor didnt last a season!.....I got ripped off!....my dealer sux, Harman Sux,.....blahblahblah..." lol ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.