Pellet stove install on existing interior chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cateye77

Dec 6, 2020
PA
Hello, Everyone. I am new to the forum. Looking for a little insight. I am looking to replace a 30 year hold coal stove with a Pellet stove to make things more manageable. It is an existing interior Chimney , about 17ft. high . I plan on running 4 inch flexible pellet vent . The exit point in the house is 6 or 7 inch clay pipe. The Chimney is not line just brick in mortar. I understand terminating the top cap . The question is, what would my best option for connecting on to the pellet flex pipe at the 6 inch clay pipe ? It will have a little bit of an angle or offset do to a countertop on right hand side. Also does the flex need wrapped and insulated? I would go straight through the wall if possible, but obviously it’s an interior chimney. here is a pic of where I’m questioning the tie in. Thanks
EC55B3FD-7C27-4DC6-ABD2-FC48FF12A1C8.jpeg

You would need to connect the 90 on the flex and drop it down like that I would think. Then hook a piece of straight on from in the room thru the breach. That is if the flue is big enough to get a 90 dropped down. Once you have a hard pipe sticking on the breach you can do whatever works. I would use 2 cleanout tees so you dont have to disassemble pipe to clean

Reactions: Ssyko