pellet stove issues ecoteck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No Depress"is bad Italian translation of no vacuum. This alarm is set-off in the Ecoteck by the vacuum switch on the exhaust blower, or the switch on the front door latch.

Reactions: PPLcangotoh...
Make sure you pull the hose off the vacuum switch first, the abnormally high air pressure from the leaf blower might damage it.

No Depression means problems with air flow through combustion chamber - the translation to English from Italian sometimes leaves a bit to be desired:rolleyes:
From PPLcangotoh's statements, he is expecting to go more than two days without cleaning and these stoves do require specific maintenance cleaning to burn efficiently. From the manual, this alarm is triggered by the following conditions: "Combustion chamber dirty, Door open, Flue blocked, Vacuum switch malfunctioning"

PPLcangotoh what is your cleaning routine for burn pot and ash? Daily/ every other day? Internal exhaust pathways and venting? 1000 hrs as stated in the manual? I have cheated it to the 1200 hrs waiting on better temps without any alarms. Rule out cleaning issues first...if you haven't already.

No Depression means problems with air flow through combustion chamber - the translation to English from Italian sometimes leaves a bit to be desired:rolleyes:
From PPLcangotoh's statements, he is expecting to go more than two days without cleaning and these stoves do require specific maintenance cleaning to burn efficiently. From the manual, this alarm is triggered by the following conditions: "Combustion chamber dirty, Door open, Flue blocked, Vacuum switch malfunctioning"

PPLcangotoh what is your cleaning routine for burn pot and ash? Daily/ every other day? Internal exhaust pathways and venting? 1000 hrs as stated in the manual? I have cheated it to the 1200 hrs waiting on better temps without any alarms. Rule out cleaning issues first...if you haven't already.

I think it's a maintenance issue.....

I'm spoiled by the new Accentra. lol

I'll be putting the Veronica up for sale next season and getting the free standing Accentra to replace it. ;)

The Italian ladies look good but they are high maintenance;lol With the temps lately, wish I had the Elena twin hooked-up. Tonight's low similar to last night -33F/-47F with windchill. :mad: This winter has had some long cold snaps:(

Status
Not open for further replies.