pellet stove near plasma

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

conservationseeker

Aug 24, 2008
Central MA
planning on replacing my propane with a pellet. now picture this,, Pellet will be in corner of room. to the left over about 5 ft up on the wall is the plasma. . is this dangerous??? Especially if I'm going for a 30K plus BTU thermo controlled pellet?? I'm thinking not, but didnt knowif others have similar makeup.

any reputable pellet insert retailers in central MA you'd recommend?

You'll probably be okay, but keep in mind that plasmas do not like heat. If it's pretty warm near that location, I would expect the life of the plasma to be reduced... although I couldn't tell you by how much.

Personally I wouldnt. I install Plasmas and they dont like heat.Are there fans on it?If not keep the vent holes clean top and bottom or you are going to have one overheated plasma. Actually that goes for all of them that cool thru convection

I'm not so sure it will have any short or long term effect. The Plasma has its own internal heat when it is on which has to be much warmer then any heat from the pellet stove at 5 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.