Pellet stove outside air intake install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mholliday26

Oct 28, 2014
Groton ct
Let's first say there is a million opions on installing outside air intakes and if it's worth it, for my house I need it. I own a Harman accentra insert that's in a river rock fireplace with no clean out. My two opions were drill a hole through the nice looking fireplace and install a intake which would be right next to the front door or go up the chimmney with a 3" pipe and out the top plate with a 90 deg. My exhaust is a 4" that goes to the 6" liner that was there from a old woodstove insert. The right way would be to rove the 6" and insert the right liner which I was quoted to be $1000. The top of my chimney is a 13x13 plate with a 6" hole for liner with a storm coller on it making 1" on each side. So I am looking to see if anyone has any ideas on what i should do I thinking of removing the storm coller and caulking the liner in which would leave me witj 2" in each side

Status
Not open for further replies.