Pellet Stove Rant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stoveguy2esw said:
if you pull apart an exhaust blower you will see that the hole the blower shaft passes through is not sealed airtight. on an igniter stove usually they smoke a bit heavier at the time just before starting the physical flame. during this time its not uncommon to smell a hint of smoke. this usually dissipates rapidly when the actual flame pops up. usually its not overpowering at all, and usually its gone in a very short time afetr light off. if its there constantly its a problem

Now you tell me. That adapter and pipe now has tape on it that probably weighs more than the stove. >:-(

stoveguy2esw said:
if you pull apart an exhaust blower you will see that the hole the blower shaft passes through is not sealed airtight. on an igniter stove usually they smoke a bit heavier at the time just before starting the physical flame. during this time its not uncommon to smell a hint of smoke. this usually dissipates rapidly when the actual flame pops up. usually its not overpowering at all, and usually its gone in a very short time afetr light off. if its there constantly its a problem

I see.

thx Mike.

Yeah, I always wondered about that one. Thanks for the advise, Mike.

I was pretty steamed yesterday and needed to vent to some other pellet guys. I just get mad when I buy something with a set of expectations and then once they have my money everything changes. It happens. Must move on.

Anything, thanks to every one else for their comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.