Q&A PELLET STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

HOW SAFE IS A PELLET STOVE FOR A MOBILE HOME?
HOW HOT DOES THE STOVE GET ON THE OUTSIDE TO THE TOUCH?.....................BABY SAFETY
HOW LARGE WOULD THE STOVE HAVE TO BE TO HEAT A 14' BY 76' AREA?
DO I HAVE TO HAVE A CHIMNEY TO HAVE A PELLET STOVE?
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT A PELLET STOVE BEFORE I MAKE THE CHOICE TO PURCHASE?

Answer:

A pellet stove is safe for mobile homes, and will require some type of chimney for venting. Some models allow you to terminate on the outside of a wall, versus going through the roof. And, all models are different, but I'm sure that they are all hot to the touch. There are child-guards screens available for this purpose.

Your application is about 1100 square feet, so something in the 35,000 Btu's range will be fine, unless you live in a cold region.

What else do you need to know? Where can you get good pellet fuel----absolute key. Visit this link, http://www.whitfield.com to see what's out there------Whitfield is an excellent brand. Then, discuss the stove, installation, and fuel supply with a authorized retailer. It's your best bet.

Link: Whitfield Stoves

Status
Not open for further replies.