Pellet to Wood Stove - Remove Adapter from Ceiling Box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sparky0427

Sep 25, 2022
PA
I am replacing a wood stove with a pellet stove. The vendor I bought the pellet stove also supplied me with the exhaust pipe and adapter 4pvp-x6 to utilize the existing 6" I have removed the old stove but when I go to install the adapter, there is some wiggle room on the ceiling adapter. I reached to DuraVent who stated "Outer wall fit does not matter but the fit on inner 6” liner to 6 inch adapter sounds like there is a ¼ inch gap 😉 you could center and screw then seal gap with a ½ inch bead of the 500 silicone sealant. If you can trim off or pull out the single wall adapter our part will fit up into (at least a 6 inch) hole and then we screw the round trim ring to the bottom of the box. Either will do" My issue is, I can't get the single wall adapter out.

Any suggestions? I was leaning towards installing the DVL adapter 6DVL-ADT as they suggested.
Below is a picture of the adapter that is installed.
Flue Ceiling Connection.jpg

Determined that the box is made by Security Chimneys and has a Integrated adapter so I ended up centering the DuraVent 4PVL-X6, installing 1" screws and then sealed the gap with high temp silicone sealant.

Hope this helps others.