Pellets & Advil...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stayfitz

Feeling the Heat
Sep 28, 2012
Reno, NV
Just received (6) tons of Golden Fire Douglas Fir. I moved (4) tons with a pellet jack, then hand stacked the remaining (2) tons...!!! Advil take me away! The image reflects (7) tons. The Blazers and Misc bags are from last season. Pellets 2013.JPG

Thank You!!!

I only ran my (2) oil burners for maintenance purposes last season. Probably 30 minutes each... Intend the same this season. Burning Wood and/or Pellets Only!!! No Oil! And No Oil Delivery!

Reactions: DexterDay
Not sure why those crazy faces appeared? Must have typed something by mistake

Reactions: DexterDay
congrats on your stash, it looks like it's stacked perfectly. very appealing to the eye. I see red tape and plastic on the wall behind the stacks, to help with moisture??

congrats on your stash, it looks like it's stacked perfectly. very appealing to the eye. I see red tape and plastic on the wall behind the stacks, to help with moisture??

Thank you! I placed/taped a "drop cloth" on the wall last season for potential moisture issues. But in Reno, NV, we rarely have any moisture. Almost no snow last year. We'll see what happens this year?

Blazers are a good value. I paid $214 per ton last year at Home Depot. At that time, I was preparing for a Golden Fire purchase, but Lowes raised their per bag price to $5.99 from $4.99. So, I looked for cost effective alternatives. Shortly after the price increase, Lowes adjusted their price to $5.49 per bag, where it remains currently. I've tried 5 different brands, all use softwood - primarily Douglas Fir. In my stoves, Blazers generated a high concentration of clinkers, when compared to Northern Idaho Energy and Golden Fire. I think Blazers use more bark in their formula. Or maybe they don't filter sand/dirt particles?

Hmm I burned blazers all last year and not one clinker! I'd assume we had a similar production batch. I burned through 6 tons. I hit the burn pot at least once every 3 days and run in auto mode.

Have you checked your draft?
Have a oak?

Just curious as we both have P series as well.

Hmm I burned blazers all last year and not one clinker! I'd assume we had a similar production batch. I burned through 6 tons. I hit the burn pot at least once every 3 days and run in auto mode.

Have you checked your draft?
Have a oak?

Just curious as we both have P series as well.

I think you're correct regarding the production batch. I don't have an OAK. Unfortunately, our house is "older" and drafty. I haven't checked the draft setting. I hope it was set correctly by the installation staff? Of course, that local company is now out of business. I'm curious about the consistency... Golden Fire burn without much clinker development and Blazers do??? Can you direct me to a resource for draft check? I thought a meter/tester was required? Thanks for the help!

Advil take me away!

With cord wood ya don't have to go crazy and hurt yourself all at once. ;lol Ya just hurt yourself in stages.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Just did a FULL cleaning on the Harman P68 (Sunday)... Getting ready for use in the next 30-45 days. Really well built product with thoughtful layout for service, etc. Waiting for some Stove Bright touch-up paint (satin), should arrive late this week? I will clean the QF 1200i this weekend.

Holy Pellets! That's a nice stash!

Very nice stash...almost a shame when you have to start breaking it down :eek:

Very nice stash...almost a shame when you have to start breaking it down :eek:

Totally agree! I would love to keep them as is...

Status
Not open for further replies.