Pellets found around heat tubes-Big E

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

6CFarms

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2008
SW MO
When I cleaned our Breckwell Big E this evening I had the door open and pulled the lever that cleans the ash from around the heat exchange tubes. 4-5 wood pellets fell down from around them. I noticed a time or two that its had a funny click here or there when its operating. I've also noticed 8-10 pellets in the ash box everytime I clean it for the last week or so. I'm now assuming they are falling from above the heat exchange tubes and landing in the ash boxes. How is this happening? It seems stray pellets are getting to a part of a stove they shouldn't get to. Does anyone have some advice on what to do for this problem?

Throw 'em back in the hopper

I was thinking something was going wrong with the auger or something if it was spitting pellets way up there. It feeds from the top so I don't understand how its got pellets laying on those tubes which are above the chute they feed into the firebox box from. Its our only heat source so I was hoping to nip the problem fast if soemthing was starting to go wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.