Pellets in Scandanavia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Posted from the olde site....
The Scandanavians are doing awesome things with biofuel. They take energy independence seriously and are concerned with keeping CO2 emissions down. Pellet sales are up to 1.2 mil metric tons from next to nothing 15 yrs ago. I'm envious of their pellet delivery systems. If I had this kind of infrastructure available, I'd have a pellet furnace in my basement too.

www.bioenergy2005.no/downloads/Presentasjoner/26. oktober/1E/Ake Andersson.pdf
tiny url - http://tinyurl.com/c6g3g

and some cool info on Denmark's amazing progress: www.i-sustain.com/learningCenter/photoAlbum/Energy/

Great post B-G. I love that delivery truck and "shoot 'em into your basement" hose arrangement.

Me too. We need more of this technology on a large scale in our urban and suburban environs. I'm ready!

The url is not working because the forum software is parsing out the percent symbol + 20 = a space, in the url. (@#%!! I can't even add it here because it will change it). It shouldn't do this for urls. To reach the site for now you'll have to add percent symbol + 20 where you see a space in the URL. Craig, this seemed to work for a few days. Any thoughts on what broke?

Tis not my URL. I don't own the website. They have spaces in their address. Try it yourself. Type percent20 between two words, using the percent symbol in the fast reply field and see what you get when it posts to the forum - a space. Then copy and paste in your browser, the provided URL and insert percent20 in the spaces in the URL.

PS: Note that the same issue bit Elk's post: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/39/
That link is no longer working as well for the same reason.

at work, no time. just go to the site or elk's ny site, copy the url, come back to the forum and paste it in.

Nothing wrong with the link folks. Highlight it, copy it and paste it into your browser address window.

Great stuff thanks for sharing!

I attended the First European Pellet Conference in Salzburg Austria about 5 years ago and many years before that I was at Stockholm Energy in Sweden. It's amazing how even back then, pellet fuel was so popular there. SE was burning up to 1,000 tons per day!!! They were getting sulfur tax credits by not burning oil or coal.

bruce56bb said:
i cant get the link to work.

Do the Mo Heat thing - copy and paste the URL into the box at:
http://www.tinyurl.com

and you will get back a real short URL with no spaces, etc.

This is a good idea for virtually any long or mal-formed url.

Done Craig. I've added the tiny url link to the original post. Thx.

Darryl Rose said:
I attended the First European Pellet Conference in Salzburg Austria about 5 years ago and many years before that I was at Stockholm Energy in Sweden. It's amazing how even back then, pellet fuel was so popular there. SE was burning up to 1,000 tons per day!!! They were getting sulfur tax credits by not burning oil or coal.

I'd really like to see this take off on this scale in the US as well, especially in urban/suburban areas in states that have an active lumber industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.