Pelpro 130 Pellet Stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gia2019

Feb 11, 2020
Michigan
Stove quit feeding.. I cannot figure out the problem. I’ve cleaned inside and out, replaced feed motor, replaced vacuum switch. Igniter is working. When I start up the stove, it ignites and starts burning, but goes off and then blinks red 4x because it won’t feed pellets... I have no clue what to try next?

Have you had the combustion blower out and cleaned the chamber and fan blades? Exhaust vent pipe clean and no obstructions?

I haven’t pulled the combustion blower out. I did have the entire stove apart and vacuumed everything... should I actually take that out and clean it?
Also, all pipes are 100% clean.

It should be removed and cleaned at least once a year. There is only one component left in the auger circuit you could test, from the vacuum switch to a snap disc. Take a paper clip and jump the wires on that disc and try the stove dont let them touch the stove and unplug before you do this it is line voltage.

It should be removed and cleaned at least once a year. There is only one component left in the auger circuit you could test, from the vacuum switch to a snap disc. Take a paper clip and jump the wires on that disc and try the stove dont let them touch the stove and unplug before you do this it is line voltage.
I have it apart no and I’m cleaning it. Here’s a couple pics of the new feed motor I put on.

Attachments

• E7546D01-7D98-4EB0-9DB3-A1057F8EDDEE.jpeg
    E7546D01-7D98-4EB0-9DB3-A1057F8EDDEE.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 397
  • 628F3E68-E06E-49CA-9C0A-5216618DB542.jpeg
    628F3E68-E06E-49CA-9C0A-5216618DB542.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 56423747-BDF0-4A3C-9853-796DD0A37F61.jpeg
    56423747-BDF0-4A3C-9853-796DD0A37F61.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 206
your cotter pin is to far in.. It only needs to go as far as the first bump... It may be hitting a mount and causing the feed issue.. If i stuck min that far in on my stove it would hit

Reactions: heat seeker
your cotter pin is to far in.. It only needs to go as far as the first bump... It may be hitting a mount and causing the feed issue.. If i stuck min that far in on my stove it would hit
Ok I’ll move the cotter pin. Just finished cleaning the combistion blower and putting back on.

All clean and put back together and still doesn’t work.. I called pelpro direct and they claim that there is an “air” issue... I recently replaced the door gasket... I used 3/4” as called for and when doing the “dollar bill” test I find I don’t have a tight seal??? Any advice???

Hopper lid must be closed!
Jump vac switch wires and try stove.
Vac hose split, hard, plugged
vac hose nipple in the stove plugged
Check the hopper switch if it has one

Hopper lid must be closed!
Jump vac switch wires and try stove.
Vac hose split, hard, plugged
vac hose nipple in the stove plugged
Check the hopper switch if it has one
Here’s what’s happening:
Stove, pipes, inside & out are 100% clean.. removed baffles and everything and cleaned thoroughly. Also took off both fans and cleaned those inside and out... put new gasket on door because old one was frayed; Put new vacuum switch and hose on, (cleaned hose nipple & made sure it’s clear)... put on New feed shaft and motor...
I put a few pellets in the fire box, turn on stove.. it starts up, fire starts but pellets will not feed... after awhile of waiting I get red blinking light (4x).. which according to manual indicates missed ignition or feed problem... ignites just fine but absolutely will not feed... I ordered a new snap disc yesterday and it comes in today so I’ll put that on... I’m totally frustrated with this stove now and when I called Pelpro for help they insist I have an “air flow” problem ........ I don’t know what else to do or how to check it?

If you don’t add pellets by hand, Is the auger feeding at all?

if your not getting i tight seal around the door its probably not creating the vacuum needed to trip the vacuum switch. This will cause it to go into shutdown. Before you glue the seal in you fit it in do your test and if it tests tight then pull it and glue it back in... I made that mistake then i did my first seal. So the second one i bunched it together tight cut to fit and then had to stretch it out in places as it was to tight and kept trimming until i was happy

I removed the snap disc and tested it by heating it up with a lighter and I heard it click.. so I put it back on and now the feed is working!
I am so thankful to all of you for all of your help!