Pelpro Pp130

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

squeak96

Dec 13, 2022
Maine
Curious if anyone has figured out a way to make the stove run on low instead of shutting off when room temp is reached. Harman pellet stoves have a switch for this option so I wasn't sure if there was a way to wire something up on the pelpro pp130 to do the same thing. I've read about the pellet miser external thermostats but as far as I can tell they are no longer made. Any info would be appreciated.

Reactions: Jeremy6500
Curious if anyone has figured out a way to make the stove run on low instead of shutting off when room temp is reached. Harman pellet stoves have a switch for this option so I wasn't sure if there was a way to wire something up on the pelpro pp130 to do the same thing. I've read about the pellet miser external thermostats but as far as I can tell they are no longer made. Any info would be appreciated.

The Pellet Miser is the only way that I know of to do it and they do appear to not be available anymore.

I am kicking myself since I also have a PP130 and put off getting a Pellet Miser last winter.

Okay thanks. One more question, what exactly does the trim adjustment do? It says it adjusts the air/fuel mixture but I wasn't sure which one it actually changes. Does it adjust the amount of pellets being fed or does it adjust combustion air flow?

Okay thanks. One more question, what exactly does the trim adjustment do? It says it adjusts the air/fuel mixture but I wasn't sure which one it actually changes. Does it adjust the amount of pellets being fed or does it adjust combustion air flow?
Not sure which exactly. I think I read in a thread somewhere where a user asked Pellet Pro and was told it changed both the airflow and the pellet feed rate. Probably best to reach out to the manufacturer if you can.

Hey Squeak,

Not sure if the 130 has the same interface as the 90, but I have the 90 - and I press the arrow down on the temp, until the digital temperature disappears- and one bar is left indicating LOW. It runs in low until you shut it off, or someone presses the UP arrow.

Again, maybe the 130’s interface is not the same.

This is what I found in the PP130 user manual, page 7 under User Dial Control

LO : When the dial indicator is directed to the LO setting the unit will burn on low until the hopper runs out of pellets or the dial control is turned to a different setting. When in this setting the LED will be amber in color and continuously on. When burning in this mode, the unit should be turned off at least once daily for cleaning.

Reactions: Jeremy6500
So all of a sudden today my pp130 is completely dead. Only had it just over a month. The fuse is good on the control board, snap disc didn't trip, thinking the control board or the dial control fried already. Anyone had any experience with getting warranty parts?

Here is the Service manual I found for the PP130. Very odd it just quit. Definitely reach out to the manufacturer.

Attachments

• PP130ServiceMAnual.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 151
So all of a sudden today my pp130 is completely dead. Only had it just over a month. The fuse is good on the control board, snap disc didn't trip, thinking the control board or the dial control fried already. Anyone had any experience with getting warranty parts?
My experience so far has been call & go thru trouble w/ a rep , between owner & rep a solution is had & if it's deemed a faulty part they honor the warranty & get the part to you in a few days . Frustrating part is to them your time & labor is free while solving their problem/s . Good part is the 130 puts out heat . I'm in the Adirondack mountains old uninsulated farm house that has been solely heated by the 130 so far this year running non stop since mid September , good luck !

Reactions: VintageGal

Just to make sure you have all your bases covered before you call, did you verify that the outlet it is plugged in to has power etc and that everything is plugged in completely/firmly?

I have used mine all winter for the past 3 winters. I have had to replace the ignitor and the room fan.

did the over temp snap disc pop? that kills power to the stove

Circuit board fried, I returned it and bought the new grand teton from tractor supply and they threw in a free circuit board for the new stove. So far so good I like this stove a lot better. Smaller stove but throws just as much heat. Thanks everyone for the input!

Reactions: gfreek
Circuit board fried, I returned it and bought the new grand teton from tractor supply and they threw in a free circuit board for the new stove. So far so good I like this stove a lot better. Smaller stove but throws just as much heat. Thanks everyone for the input!
Can you keep us updated on the new stove? I really wanted to try it, but no reviews and was nervous with the digital controls. I ended up with the pp130, which is doing great so far, but I may sell it and get the Teton if it cuts the mustard!

Can you keep us updated on the new stove? I really wanted to try it, but no reviews and was nervous with the digital controls. I ended up with the pp130, which is doing great so far, but I may sell it and get the Teton if it cuts the mustard!
One month in and the stove has worked great, had to adjust the feed and exhaust fan rates to get a cleaner burn but other than that no complaints at all. I like it much better than the pelpro. The inside of the stove is almost identical to the pelpro as far as the burn box and the 3 baffles in the back. Much more user friendly too. It can also be set to idle down to low when temp is reached instead of shutting off and restarting all the time.