Pelpro PP130B auger motor spinning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Josh379

Apr 12, 2020
Northern maine
I bought this stove around the first of the year and now got around to hooking it up. It took 3 times of the initial start up instructions to light but it did. It wasn’t feeding very hard. And started going out. But no codes or blinking lights came on. I re started it. Still no feed at all. I took side panel off of it to find the auger unplugged. So re started it again. The motor worked but was spinning counter clockwise and auger wasn’t turning. It was wrapping the wires around it. I grabbed it and held it still and the auger began to turn. The stove worked great. Now I’m trying to figure out how to solve this issue. Does anyone have insight on this. I looked everywhere and can’t find where it says there’s a bracket for this motor. Replacement instructions say pull the pin unplug and take out. Thanks in advance

There are 2 bolts that hold the feed motor assembly in place. But that’s not the motor. That’s the whole auger and tube. From what I’m reading everywhere else you pull cotter pin and unplug motor and pull it out. So I’m not sure what to do. I have a piece of wood zip tied in under motor to keep it from turning. It’s working great now. Still like to figure out the right solution

looking at some images of the motor set up its screwed/bolted to the bottom plate that mounts everything to the stove... if its a new stove i would be calling for warranty... Zip tying a pc of wood to it is not the safest thing in the world

It doesn’t. And it doesn’t get warm anywheres near it. I held the motor for a long time. No heat there. I’ve been trying to get ahold of customer service so we’ll see from there. Was just wondering if anyone had experienced or knows the problem I am. Thanks for your time

Hello
I recently replaced an auger feed motor in that stove. The new motor comes with a much thicker and stronger hitch pin. I also took some pics after I got it working. I believe these motors may reverse if the pellets jam up. This may explain your problem. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• C7338111-9780-4E6F-B938-7C36F4A540AF.jpeg
    C7338111-9780-4E6F-B938-7C36F4A540AF.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 217
  • F6D11DD5-039F-4B0D-A81F-0F5879A5EB00.jpeg
    F6D11DD5-039F-4B0D-A81F-0F5879A5EB00.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 231
  • 37AAC6E9-EB03-45F6-B261-91D577799440.png
    37AAC6E9-EB03-45F6-B261-91D577799440.png
    616.6 KB · Views: 221