smwilliamson Posted By smwilliamson, Jan 14, 2017 at 4:37 PM

1. smwilliamson

smwilliamson
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    IMG_1502.JPG just installed one, $1299.00 at Tractor Supply, 90lb hopper, 50k BTU...$1299.00!!!!!! This stove is silent, looks awesome, holds more than two bags.....omg has to be the best value out there in a cast stove.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    natesdad, vinny11950 and R9R like this.
  2. jzm2cc

jzm2cc
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 25, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    Definitely a nice stove for the price. Seen one at Family Farm and Home for $1150. Should put a dent in cast iron stove sales that cost 3 to 4 times as much (Castile, Mt Vernon, XXV), which are made by the same parent company.

3. R9R

R9R
    Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 26, 2016
    Loc:
    Eastern Ohio
    Let us know how you like it, I like the look and an getting a stove with my tax return :cool:

Looks great!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. snavematt

snavematt
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 7, 2016
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Looking for one to put in the basement, very interested in your experiences with this stove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Tails1

Tails1
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2016
    Loc:
    Ajax, Ontario Canada
    According to the Pelpro website this stove qualifies for $300 federal income tax rebate as well.

6. Advisor

Advisor
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 13, 2017
    Loc:
    New Brunswick Canada
    Looks good

7. smwilliamson

smwilliamson
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Forgot to mention, it wa for a customer, not mine, but i am impressed

8. Tails1

Tails1
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2016
    Loc:
    Ajax, Ontario Canada
    No ash pan though :(

9. smwilliamson

smwilliamson
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Ash pan would be nice but it's not a deal breaker

10. Bioburner

Bioburner
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Loc:
    West central Mn
    Very nice looking stove. Will be interesting to see the long term burn report

11. smwilliamson

smwilliamson
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    It's basically a cross between a pleasant hearth and an Eco Choice by Heatilator...all companies owned by HHT

12. Bioburner

Bioburner
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Loc:
    West central Mn
    Closest one to me is 120 miles

13. corkman

corkman
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 3, 2009
    Loc:
    SE,Mass
    Does it have a quad style pot,igniter,thermocouple,spring type auger etc

14. Bioburner

Bioburner
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Loc:
    West central Mn
    Hungry little stove. Claiming the 90 hopper to last two days.

15. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    Don't look like it does in the video

16. jzm2cc

jzm2cc
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 25, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    I'm thinking it's more like the Pelpro PP130 but with a cast iron outer shell. Somewhat similar to a Heatilator with regard to 3 internal heat shields but very different auger, igniter, burn pot, etc.

17. smwilliamson

smwilliamson
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Body of a Heatilator, quad combustion and auger motor, auger and burnnpot of pleasant hearth, convection blower and controller of a Vozelgang

18. hockeypuck

hockeypuck
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 6, 2009
    Loc:
    south central NH
    How difficult is it to clean combustion motors?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

19. joed2323

joed2323
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2014
    Loc:
    United States
    I own a pp120 pretty similar to yours also no ash pan

You gotta keep the burn pot clean if you want it to run efficient. It will eventually catch up on you if you let it go to far.

I basically clean my burn pot daily, and do a quick vac out of stove nothing major, bout every 3-5 days I remove the panels and dig deeper.

Do you own a leaf blower and how high up is your clean out tee from the ground?

Generally with mine I just hook up the leaf blower and it pretty much cleans the fan no removal necessary from stove, just make sure you remove the airline from vacuum switch

I'm going on about 3 years now owning it and I've had to replace the convection fan and snap disc once, and I just ordered a new door rope which in reality I'm happy so far minus the upkeep on keeping it clean

20. tbear853

tbear853
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 27, 2013
    Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
    Beautiful stove ..... :)

21. smwilliamson

smwilliamson
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    The pp120 and this stove completely different , yours was made prior to the HHT acquisition

22. smwilliamson

smwilliamson
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Fairly simple and easy access after you remove side panrl

23. Tails1

Tails1
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2016
    Loc:
    Ajax, Ontario Canada
    I can get these at Home depot up here, they appear to be one of their distributors.

24. Josh2121

Josh2121
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 17, 2015
    Loc:
    Canada
    Looking for a review about this stove as I'm interested in it to. Because of no ash pan, I'm assuming you gotta clean it often. Is it an easy stove to clean?

25. natesdad

natesdad
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 19, 2017
    Loc:
    Maryland, USA
    Hey Scott, I'm about to purchase the TSC90 - how do you like this one so far? This would be my first stove purchase so I'm a total newb when it comes to this but have learned a lot over the past week or so. This site is a great resource! Seems like a great buy.