pelpro60 problems,trys to start but auger doesnt drop pellets ,then goes to 4 red flashes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Start with basics
When you start the stove
1 does the combustion fan come on and run?
2 do pellets drop into the burn pot?

Is your stove clean from the air intake to the exhaust termination ?
No restrictions or plugged with ash. This includes the combustion fan
Check if your stove has a hopper switch.
The hopper switch is located in the upper right-hand corner of the hopper.
This switch is designed to shut down the feed motor whenever the hopper lid is opened
Check the vacuum switch To test put the 2 red wires together and start the stove
if pellets drop check the hose for cracks or holes undo it and blow it out TOWARD THE STOVE
reinstall wiring and try the stove if it fails to drop pellets you will need a new vac switch
When doing any wiring make sure you unplug the stove
Vacuum Switch The vacuum switch is located on the lower right side of the appliance behind right side panel. There are two red wires attached to it. This switch turns the feed system on when vacuum is present in the fi rebox. The vacuum switch is a safety device to shut off the feed motor if the exhaust or the heat exchanger system is dirty or plugged or if the fi rebox door is open or exhaust blower failure.

Is your stove clean from the air intake to the exhaust termination ?
No restrictions or plugged with ash. This includes the combustion fan
Check if your stove has a hopper switch.
The hopper switch is located in the upper right-hand corner of the hopper.
This switch is designed to shut down the feed motor whenever the hopper lid is opened
Check the vacuum switch To test put the 2 red wires together and start the stove
if pellets drop check the hose for cracks or holes undo it and blow it out TOWARD THE STOVE
reinstall wiring and try the stove if it fails to drop pellets you will need a new vac switch
When doing any wiring make sure you unplug the stove
Vacuum Switch The vacuum switch is located on the lower right side of the appliance behind right side panel. There are two red wires attached to it. This switch turns the feed system on when vacuum is present in the fi rebox. The vacuum switch is a safety device to shut off the feed motor if the exhaust or the heat exchanger system is dirty or plugged or if the fi rebox door is open or exhaust blower failure.
It ended up being the hopper switch, I watched a video and just like you advised that was probably due to the vacuum switch,hopper switch . So i ordered hopper switch.Kinda nervous about electrical stuff but it worked. I sure appreciate your help

Reactions: Mt Bob
It ended up being the hopper switch, I watched a video and just like you advised that was probably due to the vacuum switch,hopper switch . So i ordered hopper switch.Kinda nervous about electrical stuff but it worked. I sure appreciate your help
Thank you for the feedback it is appreciated
by me and others on the Forum
Stay warm