Petes Pile o Pallets !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Well today begins the Pallet Pete fence project projected to be done by fall. I am disasembling 46 pallets total and using the 73" by 3.5" slats to build a fence on our west boundary back and ditch line of our property. No more burglaries afterword I hope. I thought I would give you all a laugh and show you my rediculas collection ( 3/4 of it anyway ).

Pete

Attachments

• IMAG0111.jpg
    IMAG0111.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 217
"F" words are my favorite.... ..

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Those are some nice pallets Pete! If they're oak they should last a long time as pallet Pete pickets but I would prefer pressure treated posts..

Ray

Man, Pete! I wish I had a place to get nice pallets like yours. Looking forward to seeing the completed project (you know me, I love a good project!)

Those are some nice pallets Pete! If they're oak they should last a long time as pallet Pete pickets but I would prefer pressure treated posts..

Ray
Ray they are a mix of everything pine, oak, maple and what looks like poplar. I plan on treated posts in concrete then barn and fence paint for the fence. That stuff is tuff ! Besides this saves us about $700 on fencing.

Pete

Prudent Pallet Pete procured a plethora of purposeful pallets for his project.
Gotta love the free building materials/firewood.
My wood shed is built from mostly recycled pallets, and I burn a quite a lot pallets for kindling.

Ray they are a mix of everything pine, oak, maple and what looks like poplar. I plan on treated posts in concrete than barn and fence paint for the fence. That stuff is tuff ! Besides this saves us about $700 on fencing.

Pete
Personally I think that's a great and smart way to do this Pete!

Ray

Personally I think that's a great and smart way to do this Pete!

Ray
It $600 savings now I paid a unemployed buddy $100 bucks to help take them apart today. He is a happy guy with some cash and my broke leg is that much happier lol.

Pete

Prudent Pallet Pete procured a plethora of purposeful pallets for his project.
Gotta love the free building materials/firewood.
My wood shed is built from mostly recycled pallets, and I burn a quite a lot pallets for kindling.

Unfortunately my property isn't very large so my pallet wood shed in the avatar is going away to make room after the fence goes up. It turned out really nice though I just stood up pallets and tied them together with 2*4's and 3" nails. It's a tuff bugger and has weathered a lot offs storms as well as little annoying neighbor kids who won't stop climbing all over it lol.

Pete

Reactions: raybonz
Pete, please post pics of posts post placement per people perusing this place

It $600 savings now I paid a unemployed buddy $100 bucks to help take them apart today. He is a happy guy with some cash and my broke leg is that much happier lol.

Pete
What's the trouble with the leg Pete? This is news to me..

Ray

Reactions: PapaDave
Pete, please post pics of posts post placement per people perusing this place
Jack, Jack, Jack, hasn't anyone proposed to your person that I personally perform all Pallet Pete's perfectly placed proposals pertaining to proper prose? Perhaps you should peruse previous posts pertaining to Pallet Pete? Postpone all previous preponderances and allow my poems to populate this post.. Your ideas are preposterous!

Posthumously Yours,

Ray

So sorry..........I thought it was a group thing.

An old wound I have a cortisone replacement for all my cartridge in my knee from Bosnia. As well as two pins in my leg holding it all together.
Pete

An old wound I have a cortisone replacement for all my cartridge in my knee from Bosnia. As well as two pins in my leg holding it all together.
Pete
Hang in there Pete and thanks for serving our country buddy!

Ray

Good luck Pete. An be sure to share progress pics. Its only a matter of time before someone builds a house out of pallets on this forum, lol :)

I have this small "fort" I built for my youngest son who is now 21.. The majority of this fort is built with film crates and my lawn mower and weed whacker have lived in there for a long time.. Total cost to build around $75.00 lol..

Ray

More pics to come later today ! Got them all pulled and am cutting all the nails off today.

Pete

Reactions: raybonz
I am a bit of a cheater and there are over 1000 nails so rather than pulling them I am cutting them off flush. It's working very well so far. When its all done they will be ratcheted down so they don't warp then tarped until I get the posts in the ground.
Pete

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369589796331.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369589796331.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 166
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369589812065.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369589812065.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: ScotO and raybonz
I had a visitor drop by today while I was working he just landed under the swing and started telling me all about something ! I listened intently till the neighbors cat came and chased him off lol.

Pete

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369609007146.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369609007146.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 201
Status
Not open for further replies.