Petes Pile o Pallets !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another shot.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369609170579.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369609170579.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 140
Can't tell by the pictures what it is. Do you know Pete?

Proper prior planning will probably promote proper placement of pretty pallet parts about the perimeter of Pallet Pete's perfectly picturesque private palace and will prevent pilferage of his personally procured property.

Proper prior planning will probably promote proper placement of pretty pallets about the perimeter of Pallet Pete's perfectly picturesque palace and will prevent pilferage of his procured property.
Look out for Ray he will get you ! :D

Pete

Reactions: raybonz
Proper prior planning will probably promote proper placement of pretty pallet parts about the perimeter of Pallet Pete's perfectly picturesque private palace and will prevent pilferage of his personally procured property.
Pondering why you have pounced on my perfectly poised podiatrist prepared feet.. Perhaps you're poised to place new poetry to Pallet Pete? You kind sir have posted some pretty prose in your prior post.. Pip pip carry on! ;)

Ray

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Will Pallet Pete's pallet pieces, be painted for preservation ?

Nice project.
Smart move with the nails.
I think cutting the nails saves a lot of damage. Pallet nails don't pull our very easy ;)

My progress so far. The neighbor and my niece have volunteered to help so far and since friday after I finally received the final permit it has gone fast. We set the poles and everything else from there. I bought the Behr waterborne barn and fence enamel for it today while we where out. Total cost for 104 ft is $407 to date it would be less but I purchased a bosch palm nailer its a thing of beauty !

Pete

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372027249215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372027249215.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 159
Looks great Pete!

Ray

Thanks ray there are 12 panels to fill that size we are almost haf way done. Ps I just finished the saison brew some coming soon to a Raybonz near you !

Pete
Sounds awesome Pete! :)

Ray

Well here it is finally up with a little work left. I took HD ROCKs advice and bought a wood stain and sealer all in one. I am a bit stubborn at times lol sorry Ed you are right I should use good stain ! My astonishment is that there is no true oil base anything left on the market. It's all acrylic latex or waterborne enamel. The stain is acrylic latex as well but it has a 25 year fence life so hopefully it will do a good job.

Pete

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372631821007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372631821007.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372631834645.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372631834645.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 144
I power washed the whole thing and added center supports this morning. Next I am going to apply the stain today with a hvlp sprayer so there will be more pics to come. It is looking like the Great Wall of Ovid at this point lol.

Pete

I power washed the whole thing and added center supports this morning. Next I am going to apply the stain today with a hvlp sprayer so there will be more pics to come. It is looking like the Great Wall of Ovid at this point lol.

Pete

The color variation is actually different kinds of wood slats from the pallets. This is the first coat of stain and looks much better in person.
Pete

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373751032851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373751032851.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 128
Here is the dry side of the fence.

Pete

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373751207557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373751207557.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: zap
Looks great Pete! just cuts the posts level and you're done..

Ray
Thanks Ray I am still debating a lattice top so I havnt decided if I will cut the post off yet or make them even to hold lattice panels.

Pete

Thanks Ray I am still debating a lattice top so I havnt decided if I will cut the post off yet or make them even to hold lattice panels.

Pete
pallet lattice?

Please pardon my ponder. Is Pallet Pete's fence for purpose or privacy?
Yes we have had many issues with the rental appartment next door. The renters don't have a lot of property and so ours gets used and trashed when we are gone. The renters use our fire pit and wood leave beer cans and so on then deny they used it. The kids draw on our garage and generally destroy our yard and property. We also have had a lot of firewood theft recently sooooo up goes the fence ! The rental lady does no back ground checks its first come first serve and the renters are usually jobless by choice enough is enough I say...

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.