Piazetta Sabriba quick question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ravippe

Mar 12, 2018
New Hampshire
Everything is great on my 4 year old sabrina.

Sometimes i like to have a spare part on hand just in case, and although nothing is wrong i cant figure out how the auger shaft attaches to the auger motor.

I looked on some pellet sites for parts and the motor has a tail piece with no holes..and the shaft auger part (separate part)has a hole and an opening so it looks like it slides on. How does it secure? A screw? I cant even fine reference to the peice in the parts manual.

I dont wanna go poking inside unless i have a reason.

Screenshot_20211117-163423_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211117-163429_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211117-163513_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211117-163946_Chrome.jpg

I think i found the answer i watched my auger turn while peeking through the siding with a flash light. I notice that there is a black circular piece with a type of allen style nut that "holds" the auger shaft to the motor. That was the missing piece of the puzzle. I wish these diagrams and parts would show things in more detail. Just in case people are wondering. I watched it rotate and eventually it came around and saw the lug nut with the pentagon shaped nut and watched it rotate. The nut squeezes the auger shaft to the motor shaft so it gets a good connection.