Piazzetta 961

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, thanks so much for all your comments!

I have been using a manometer, off the brass nut, and yes, I've fiddled with my parameter menu settings. I've started with the OEM settings, and then adjusted from there. They match the 0.24 to 0.38 you posted. Of the pellets I've tried the only one that requires me to fiddle with my base settings are the FSUs, Fireside Ultras. Why? Dunno, but the pellets burn completely different from the rest I've tried. Hot, but a really big flame.

Do you think Piazzetta will be offering thru their dealers the new fire pot with deflector? Did you happen to take a pic of the new fire pot?
Unfortunately I did not take a pic of the firepot, but it should be available through any Piazzetta dealer once it is available for order as a replacement part. I checked with my distributor and it is not available just yet but it should be soon.

Reactions: chken
Very nice looking stove. Found the distributor page with Canadian pricing. (Pacific Energy, BC) Nice to see the manuals there.

How loud are the distribution fans? Difficult to install ducting? Heat transfer through ducting efficient?
I used to have a Sabrina and the fan from the Sabrina where less noisy but you can still adjust the fan of the multifuoco from speed 20 to 60 slower it goes more heat you get for the heat transfer well this I’ll have to work on, well if I really need this cause like I said I had a Sabrina and it was very efficient installed in the basement, heat would go up by the stairway and I had a cold drain to the basement floor at the opposite side of the house this way I would get only 2-3 degrees difference form the first floor to the basement all this whit no fan running well beside the stove fan.

All the Piazzetta stoves are set up that they can be calibrated with a magnahelic gauge- If you have already made changes to the stoves settings, I assume you have the codes to access the menu parameters screen. There is a brass acorn nut threaded onto a port on the back of your stove above the power cord, this is where you would attach the tubing on your mag. There are factory recommended vacuum readings for each power level, you would adjust your smoke fan rpms to meet those benchmarks. In my experience, if you are burning hardwood pellets, I have found calibrating the vacuum for approx. .02- .03" W.C. above factory recommendation helps prevent build up in the firepot. I just attended the HPBA expo in Salt Lake city and I saw an updated firepot Piazzetta is offering for the larger units (Sabrina, Sveva, P96 series). Its has a stainless steel deflector bolted to the back of the firepot underneath the auger tube, apparently to increase the venture effect in the firepot and help eject the ash. The target vacuum settings for the Sabrina are as follows- power 1 (18P) .24" W.C., power 2 (19P) .26" W.C., power 3 (20P) .30"W.C., power 4 (21P) .34" W.C., power 5 (22P) .38" W.C. Again, this is the factory recommendation, these stoves are operated almost exclusively with softwood pellets in Europe so results will vary when dealing with hardwoods.
after raising the RPM you can also like I said in a prior post ((in the configuration program you can adjust the pot or grate cleaning interval from; 30 min to 180 min by default it is set to 60, I settled mine for 30 minute. Also the grate cleaning time can be change; from 10 sec. to 30 sec. I set these one to 30 seconds even if it seems to be very little changes it makes a big difference. I should talk about cleaning per pouches in staid of days; before I used to clean every 2 or 3 pouches and now well around 4 to 6 pouches and I like it. And you have to know that this cleaning process only occurs in the power level 3-4 and 5 at level 1 and 2 it will never auto clean so a good trick is to run at power level 3 and if it’s too hot just lower the thermostat it really work for me and also most important allllll of my customers.))

after raising the RPM you can also like I said in a prior post ((in the configuration program you can adjust the pot or grate cleaning interval from; 30 min to 180 min by default it is set to 60, I settled mine for 30 minute. Also the grate cleaning time can be change; from 10 sec. to 30 sec. I set these one to 30 seconds even if it seems to be very little changes it makes a big difference. I should talk about cleaning per pouches in staid of days; before I used to clean every 2 or 3 pouches and now well around 4 to 6 pouches and I like it. And you have to know that this cleaning process only occurs in the power level 3-4 and 5 at level 1 and 2 it will never auto clean so a good trick is to run at power level 3 and if it’s too hot just lower the thermostat it really work for me and also most important allllll of my customers.))
Funny, I made all the same adjustments, grate cleaning every 30mins, and for 30secs. And, I scrape and vac based upon bags or pouches, just like you. It's usually 2 or 3 days for me to burn 3 to 5 bags, when I clean.

Also... Solostar: the 961 you have there is beautiful. I was going to get that one, but I decided that it was a little too much $$.

Solarstar, you still here? I see that beside having similar italian stoves, we have the same kind of house wall construction too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.