Picked up a old stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

perry

Burning Hunk
Feb 14, 2008
auburn hills, michigan
Picked this little guy up on a garage clean out. any info on this ? I think its a Montgomery Ward . what are the pipe outlets for on back of pot ? . probably have to make a chimney adapter . 20170102_100803.jpg 20170102_100930.jpg 20170102_100816.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, is it safe to burn wood in ? I just read that it may have to be lined ? what ever that means.
Possibly that depends on the condition of the stove and condition of the chimney as well as hearth and clearances. It will burn through wood really fast though

It looks like a coal laundry stove. I pulled mine apart and inspected it and reassembled it. My stove is a SUN coal burner. Since mine is used outdoors, since I didn't have a connector,I just oblonged the pipe and secured it with a screw. I don't know how long that will last so when I get a chance I'm going to order the correct connector.

Last edited: