Pickin up pellets @ New England pellet mill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceguy4

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
anyone gone directly to the mill...need bout 10 tons and have a trunk big enough...

anyone gone directly to the mill...need bout 10 tons and have a trunk big enough...
You better try em first. If these are NE Wood Pellets, I did not have good luck with them at all. Was glad when I got rid of the 10 bags, let alone 10 tons your looking for. Caveat emptor, as several on this site have had mixed results, leading towards the not so good.

The PB 105 will burn just about any pellet that you choose to purchase, doesn't matter if you purchase from a hearth shop or a big box store. I've burned the New England pellets a couple years ago during the non-heating months for DHW needs, in quanity burned during that time frame, I didn't burn any more than I did using VT Wood pellets in the same time frame so, IMHO, if you can get a good deal, buy them. I would also check Home Depot, around here they are $219.00 per ton. I've burned the North Americans, Fireside Ultra's, Green Supreme from Home Depot without seeing any difference between them in my boiler. I do burn Vt Wood pellets during the heating season, I purchase them when they have the pre-buy in the spring for maybe $10.00-$15.00 more per ton than the box stores. I like to support a local business plus the fact that during the heating season, burning a higher quanity of pellets, they do burn cleaner which results in easier weekly cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.