Pics of my new back burn plate Jotul # 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jotulburner

Sep 9, 2010
maine
Well I went down to my local Jotul dealer and bought a back burn plate. $60. It just slid in. Sitts pretty loose in there But I think when I install new top baffle the whole thing will snug up. They had to order top baffle from jotul. Which is only 10 miles away in Gorham Maine.
The Tech at the "Hearth Doctor" in Gray was very knowledgable and helpful. He told me that they mostly make gas Jotuls in Maine and wood ones are still made in norway. He did tell me that they have a whole line of replacement parts in Gorham so I wont have to wait long for shipping. New top Baffle will be $90 so it looks like for $150 I should be good to go. I still need to replace the gasket around glass but that should not be to much.
The pictures dont show it well but the old back burn plate is warped and has numerous cracks in it. I set the old top baffle in just to hold it in place till the new one comes.
Has anyone else had to replace these in their stoves? if you did tell me it seems like they should be tighter in the channels the side burn and back burn have a lot of play in them I guess that is for expansion and contraction.Just woundering.

Attachments

• burnplate.bmp
    100.1 KB · Views: 371
  • burnplate5.bmp
    100.1 KB · Views: 323
  • burnplate6.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 331
  • burnplate2.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 321
  • burnplate10.bmp
    100.1 KB · Views: 318
  • burnplate8.bmp