Pilot light off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joearg

Feb 28, 2020
Long Island, New York
Hi everyone, I have a new Mendota FV42 that was working great till today. The pilot light is off and I’m trying to figure it out how to relight it. Thank you in advance!!

Hi everyone, I have a new Mendota FV42 that was working great till today. The pilot light is off and I’m trying to figure it out how to relight it. Thank you in advance!!

I would expect that the manual that came with it would explain how to lite the pilot.

Re-lighting the pilot is the same as lighting the pilot the first time.
Are you using a remote? Have the batteries been tested for charge?
Many remotes require 6mV MINIMUM to operate. If your batteries are marginally
charged, the remote will not function.

Yes! Changed the batteries in case they were no good. Still nothing, it’s frustrating last night was the first night it was really cold and the wife was looking forward having it on. It was really windy here so I was thinking maybe the wind blew out the pilot light. Read the manual and I’m trying but no luck. I’m calling the store who installed it today. Thank you for your help!!

Did you TEST the batteries?
Just because they are 'new' doesn't mean they are fully charged...
If there are 4 in the remote, they need to be more than 1.5 mV each.
Are there batteries in both the receiver & the hand held remote?

With the remote in off, press the bottom button. Use the up and down arrows to toggle between IPI and CPI. Turn it to CPI and let remote turn to main screen. Pilot should light.