Pine score from Sandy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy S.

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Southeastern, PA
Stumbled on to about three cords of pine rounds yesterday. Swung by after work to check it out and left with a load of the smaller rounds until I can get a truck to finish the job. I'll need to re-buck a lot of it to fit in my little insert but was REALLY surprised by how hard this stuff is to split. On the positive side, the smaller rounds are in the low 19's and the larger rounds are in the low 20's on my MM.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
You can have mine. Maybe a little far, Bedminster NJ. I lost 30 pine trees from that Bit%!

Yeah... that is over an hour one way (before factoring in politically-motivated road closures). I hope you've recovered from the storm - it was devastating. Why not burn it?

Yeah... that is over an hour one way (before factoring in politically-motivated road closures). I hope you've recovered from the storm - it was devastating. Why not burn it?

There is just too much work. I need to work more efficiently not less. I am burning the easy stuff, just not the hard stuff.

Good deal. Some pine can be a bear to split - can have very uneven, wavy grain and you end up with some strange looking splits sometimes. Good luck with it! Cheers!

Reactions: Andy S.
Status
Not open for further replies.