Pioneer Chain Saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an old one I have sitting on the floor of my office. It's a Wright reciprocating saw--the blade is attached directly to the crankshaft.

Apparently they didn't work very well in the woods. However, people who do things like post-and-beam construction like the precision. Kind of like a big, gas-powered Sawzall.

I cleaned it all up but have never started it.

Attachments

• wrightsaw.jpg
    wrightsaw.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 529
Nice!That looks like somethin' from a horror movie.I bet a person would still be vibrating 5 minutes after stopping that saw.

Actually, this is the original Vibe-King, Titan. I pull this mother out when it's time to cut the big timber.

It starts like your grandpa's old lawnmower--with a rope wrapped around the flywheel thingy located between the handle bars. How'd you like to get one of your fly buttons caught up in that?

Attachments

• vibeking.jpg
    vibeking.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 492
Ouch.That looks like the bastard-child of a chainsaw and a posthole auger!So castration and "dead man's hand" are just 2 of it's possible side-effects?Right-on....I
love power tools!

Either way, there goes your sex life.....

Eric Johnson said:
Either way, there goes your sex life.....

PRICELESS!!!

I have an old 1950's bobcat chainsaw with a clinton engine for power. I keep it around just to remind me of how manly I am not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.