plaster pricing.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sailor61

Burning Hunk
Nov 28, 2006
Warwick, RI
I'm considering updating the den, currently it has an acoustical tile ceiling and panelled walls.

Thinking about blueboard with skimcoat ceiling and the same on the walls. Ceiling will most likely get done the walls will depend on the budget. Room is approximately 18x20 with 3 doors, 5 windows, 2 large built in bookcases and a large fireplace with floor to ceiling brickwork. Would not be plastering behind the book cases.

Curious if anyone knows what a good figure is to use to estimate what the bids should come in around. Like to have an idea before I start bringing guys in to quote, I imagine the sq ft cost of the ceiling will be higher than the walls. I will do the demo myself but am not interested in ever hanging another sheet of wallboard in this lifetime................. So looking to cost out both boarding and plastering.

thanks

hey guys - sorry about this - clearly thought I was in the DIY room.........5 o'clock, where are you???

Status
Not open for further replies.