playing w/ garn jr.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingcow

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jun 4, 2008
northern-half of maine
I will have pictures later once the install is finished. about 2 weeks ago I filled boiler with well water. Tank to 47 degrees.in 3 hours and 40 minutes of firing I brought it up to 180.mind you I was sitting there making sure the fire box was completely full at all times. rockin and rollin is the term for doing that I think. Heater man concurs.

moisture content of wood 20%.I just fired up again the tank was a hundred two degrees in an hour it was 139 degrees.

will check in later phone is dying. This was done by voice to text. Hope it makes sense

Reactions: BoilerBob
@flyingcow, Did you ever post pics of your install?

I'm looking for some pics of Garn installs to help me wrap my head around what I need to do to prepare if I get a Garn.

Status
Not open for further replies.