Pleasant Hearth 2200 installation

  • Active since 1995, is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.


New Member
Nov 5, 2021
Dallas TX
I am using double wall pipe in the living room before I go through the ceiling. Two questions -

1 - Do I need a separate flue damper? The stove has a handle that opens and closes the top brick/stone piece, so I'm not sure if I still need a separate flue damper or not

2 - What adapter do I need to go from the bottom end of the pipe to the top of the stove? The male end of the pipe is just a bit too big to fit in the stove. I tried to cram it in but it ended up with the crimped end being pushed in a bunch and I'm thinking I'd get a bunch of smoke escaping if I did it like that.

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!


Minister of Fire
Jan 13, 2015


New Member
Nov 5, 2021
Dallas TX
The crimped end points up? I can just use a double crimped union from Lowes for the bottom piece then? It fits well in both the stove and the female end of the selkirk double wall pipe

Should I use high temp caulk around the union/stove joint, or assume that the draft will keep the smoke in?

Thanks so much for the help. Yes that one from menards is the same one I'm using, except it was $219 at the local HW store. I may return that one and buy the one from menards...


Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
The OUTER crimped end points up. The inner crimped end points down. I don't know if you will need an adapter for your stove, try it without one first. If the fit is poor it may need the DSP6SA adapter


New Member
Oct 5, 2022
West Virginia
How did the pieces of your stove pipe screw together? I have to the exact same set up. Don't know if the screws are supposed to penetrate the inner pipe or hold with friction.