Pleasant hearth medium wood stove damper fix?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern

Oct 9, 2016
Ny
Burning wood for many years..Gave my vermont casting the boot ..had a pleasant hearth wood med delivered yesterday ..hooked it up today ..cant fit much wood in it but I knew that going into this deal ..For the money it seems like a great stove..seems tight ...one major complaint ..which I did see others complain about ..is the damper ..it does not move freely...it is very basic and should move side to side freely ...it doesn't...So anyone find a fix for this ?

Changed the title a bit so hopefully it will catch someone's eye... Good luck!

I think that is a slider rod connected to a plate that covers the air intake, right? You may be able to bend the rod slightly. But be careful that you don't cause the plate to fit more loosely over the intake, letting more air enter the stove. I like EBL's suggestion of the graphite dry lube, though...or, have you got a pencil? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.