Pleasant Hearth PH50 CABPS won't shut off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

boggsy64

Nov 26, 2022
Kentucky
I have a pleasant hearth PH50CABPS and it will not shut off. I turned it to off the other night in my shop and it started the normal shutdown.... I thought. The next day all the pellets were gone. I thought I must have ran it dry the night before so I thought nothing of it.
Last night shut the stove down again by turning to the off position. I went to the house for the night and this morning I went in and it was still running! It appeared to be on low but still running. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and I thought it was going to shut down. Later this afternoon it was fired back up again. I opened the pellet bin door to starve it out.
Not sure why it will not shut down?

We have that model, and the heat output seems to vary widely from the dial setting. But ours has never failed to shut down in the full CCW position. There is an ambient temperature sensor at the rear of the stove. Perhaps it's being triggered by a cold draft.

I don't know if you can use it with a wall thermostat, but here's an old thread discussing it: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pellet-stove-and-wall-mounted-thermostat.158913/