Pleasant Hearth PH50PS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

topchop2

Feb 7, 2022
Reno, NV
New to forum and couldn't find this topic. The auger feeder on your PH50PS just stopped working. Have cleaned the hopper and see nothing obstructing the operation. Don't know how to troubleshoot this. I am not good with electrical (ie: voltmeter, etc.)

Welcome to the forum
A little more information would help
Does the combustion motor work (can you hear it when you start the stove)
Is there a hopper lid switch?
Give us what happens when you press start what does the stove do if anything
Manual page 30/31
Combustion Motor is working, there is a hopper lid switch. It will go into start mode but not drop pellets. Cleaned everything completely yesterday including the complete auger and feed tube. It now will start and drop some pellets but only run for about 20 min before going into shut-down mode.

See page 31 of the manual
fire starts but goes out

Reactions: Mt Bob
Will look at page 31. Newest development is that stove now won't feed at all. On startup mode it will act like it should with solid green light and then after couple minutes green light will begin blinking and blower is running but no auger movement. Have unplugged several times in hopes of the control board resetting...but no joy. We don't have a tech that will come out to service that will work on this brand of stove....so stuck with self diagnosing and fixing. I am at point where we are going to order new control board and see what happens. There is some signal to feeder that isn't working

I would jump the exhaust sensor (but the 2 wires together)
start the stove and see what happens ( please don't just throw parts at it could become expensive)
You could also remove it and clean the matting surfaces. If there is a hole make sure it is not covered over in ash

what two wires are for the exhaust sensor ? I can remove board and clean...no harm. Have you changed a board before? Looks like you squeeze that tabs on the white plastic pins connecting it to back stove wall