Pleasant Hearth to Double Wall Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NVBrian

Jun 22, 2022
Colorado
I am in the process of installing double wall stove pipe on my Pleasant Hearth 1800 wood stove. I've tried attaching the stove pipe directly to the stove (stove pipe too small - pic 1) and using an adapter (adapter too big - pic 2).

Do I:
A. Need to force the outer wall of the stove pipe around the top of the stove and an adapter is not needed
B. Have the wrong DVL stove top adapter
C. Need to do something else

Thanks!

20220807_100726.jpg 20220807_100756.jpg 20220807_100817.jpg

Are you not able to get the inner pipe "inside" the stove collar? The outer pipe should slide "outside or over" the stove collar. Sometimes getting that to fit can require some gentle pushing, squeezing, patience. Perhaps I have misunderstood your issue as well?
What brand pipe do you have?

Reactions: NVBrian
Are you not able to get the inner pipe "inside" the stove collar? The outer pipe should slide "outside or over" the stove collar. Sometimes getting that to fit can require some gentle pushing, squeezing, patience. Perhaps I have misunderstood your issue as well?
What brand pipe do you have?
I am able to get the inner pipe inside the stove collar but the outer pipe won't fit over the outside of the stove collar (although I could try and push it and see if it works). The stove pipe is Selkirk.

Something is wrong with that stove adapter. It doesn't look like Selkirk DSP. This is what it should look like, where dimension D is 7".

Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 6.10.19 PM.png
What is the OD of the flue collar?

Selkirk DSP double-wall connector has an OD of 6.5". I'm surprised the outer jacket doesn't fall outside of the flue collar but I note that DuraVent DVL's outer jacket is 7.125", so there is a notable difference there.

Something is wrong with that stove adapter. It doesn't look like Selkirk DSP. This is what it should look like, where dimension D is 7".

View attachment 297699
What is the OD of the flue collar?

Selkirk DSP double-wall connector has an OD of 6.5". I'm surprised the outer jacket doesn't fall outside of the flue collar but I note that DuraVent DVL's outer jacket is 7.125", so there is a notable difference there.
Yup... It appears that the adapter is a duravent. The OD of the stove is 6 5/8. Appreciate the help, will look for the correct adapter.

Is the stove pipe Selkirk DSP? I can't see the other end in the pictures. It should have an exposed crimped end. If so, don't mix brands. The Selkirk DSP adapter part # is 266243 or in Canada DSP6SA-1.